Here at Capel Manor College we offer support to our young carers.
Who is a Young Adult Carer?
A young carer is someone aged between 16-25 who provides help and support, without payment to a family member at home, who due to illness, disability, a mental condition, or a drug or alcohol problem could not manage without their help.
Young Adult Carers are young people who often take on practical and emotional responsibilities that would normally be undertaken by an adult.
A Young Carer may do some or all of the following:
- Practical tasks, such as cooking, housework and shopping.
- Physical care, such as lifting, helping someone use the stairs.
- Personal care, such as dressing, washing, helping with toileting needs.
- Managing the family budget, collecting benefits and prescriptions.
- Administering medication.
- Looking after or “parenting” younger siblings.
- Emotional support.
If this is you, at Capel Manor College we are committed to providing support and will help you through your studies. Please email our carers team at email@example.com who will talk to you in confidence.
Enfield Adult Social Care
Barnet Young Carers and Siblings (BYCAS) project
Haringey Young Carers Project
Waltham Forest Young Carers
Tower Hamlets Carers Centre
Newham Young Carers Service
Herts County Council Care and Carers
Epping, Harlow, Redbridge, and Havering (EHHR) Young Carers Group
Essex County Council Young Carers