Our Animal Management Level 3 courses can extend for up to two years of full-time study depending on which programme you follow.
Each course has been designed to prepare you for a rewarding and professional career in the animal industry. Whilst having a strong practical basis in animal husbandry, the courses also cover key theoretical elements of applied animal sciences.
You will also undertake an investigative research project and complete relevant work experience in the animal sector.
You will learn
- Animal breeding and genetics
- Animal welfare and ethics
- Animal biology
- Practical animal husbandry skills
- How to understand animal behaviour
- How to manage animal health
- Practical skills in animal science
- Animal metabolism and advanced animal nutrition
- Animal management in a retail environment
- Farm livestock husbandry
- Wildlife ecology and conservation management
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least five GCSEs at grade 5 and above (A* to C)
- Overall Distinction in an Animal Care Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our animal management and zoology degree or another related higher education course subject to entry requirements. You will also be able to find employment in a range of animal management and science careers.