This course is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to access a degree in animal science, animal welfare, animal behaviour zoology, animal management or any other animal-related subject.
You will learn
- HE study and presentation skills
- Business skills
- Land-based skills
- Science, including bioscience and biochemistry
- How to carry out a land-based industry research project
- Animal science and welfare
- Animal management and behaviour
What is an Access to Higher Education (HE) Diploma?
An Access to Higher Education (HE) Diploma is a qualification suitable for all ages and backgrounds which prepares you for study at degree level. It has been designed to give you relevant academic subject knowledge and the opportunity to learn how to approach university-level study and develop techniques to help you succeed.
- GCSEs at Grade 3 or above in English and Maths
- 19+ years old
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week:
- 19+ year olds: Monday and Tuesday
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our animal management and zoology degree, or another related higher education course (subject to entry requirements). You will also be able to find employment in a range of animal management and science careers.