Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
|Interview Required||Start Date||End Date||Day||Start Time||End Time||Duration||Exam fee||Materials Fee||19+ Tuition Fee||24+ Tuition Fee|
Duration: part-time, 1 day a week over 1 year
Available at: Enfield and Regent’s Park
This course will give you the knowledge and skills required from a competent arboriculture professional. You will choose three of the topics described in the arboriculture and forestry course topic list. This part-time course is right for you if you are restricted by time and/or other commitments.
Arboriculture and forestry course topics
- tree felling
- tree identification
- how to survey trees
- advanced climbing practices
- pest and disease identification
- machinery use
- getting added value from timber products
- woodland management
- forestry recreation.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C including a science related subject
- an overall Distinction in an Arboriculture and Forestry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
What next after your course?
Successful completion of this course will enable you to top-up units to a full Arboriculture and Forestry Advanced Diploma (Level 3), one of our professional training courses or employment in the industry in a broad range of jobs, including: woodland management, arborist, tree officer or a tree surgeon.