This one day course is suitable for experienced users who wish to gain their industry relevant qualification with a revision session.
Courses can run at our other campuses when in demand. Please contact us to discuss arrangements. All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students). All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor College student.
You will learn
- How to inspect and maintain a brushwood chipper
- How to transport and set-up a brushwood chipper
- How to prepare and stack brushwood for chipping
- How to chip various sizes of brushwood
- The types and uses of woodchip
Award in Safe Use of Manually Fed Wood-chipper – City and Guilds
You must bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
You must be experienced in using a brushwood chipper
Please view the related courses we have available and contact us if you would like to request an industry training course that is not currently listed.