This Level 1 course will introduce you to the practical skills and machinery needed for starting your career in the arboriculture industry.
This course is ideal for you if you prefer practical learning or if you are looking for a new career. The support and guidance received on this course will help build your confidence and enable progression to the next level.
You will learn
- Chainsaw maintenance
- Basic tree climbing
- Basic tree identification
- Wood chipper use
- Stump grinder use
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least two GCSEs or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to the Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) and Forestry Intermediate Diploma (Level 2).