This practical and hands-on course will give you the knowledge and understanding required for a career in arboriculture or forestry.
This qualification will be particularly useful if you want to be employed as a practical worker within the arboriculture industry.
You will also complete around 150 hours of industry-based work experience.
You will learn
- Chainsaw maintenance
- Machinery use
- Tree felling
- Tree identification
- Tree climbing
- Pruning operations
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least three GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Level 1 Diploma will be taken into consideration on application
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- A real interest in the chosen subject
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course with suitable grades will enable you to progress to an Arboriculture (Tree Management) and Forestry Advanced Diploma (Level 3), the Arborist Apprenticeship, or employment in the arboriculture or forestry industries.