This course is the second-year programme of the Arboriculture (Tree Management) and Forestry Advanced Diploma (Level 3).
This Extended Diploma is a great alternative to A levels and still offers a route towards university. Additionally, this course will help you towards achieving specialist arboriculture qualifications or a leadership career in the industry.
You will build upon the knowledge that you gained in your first year studying the Advanced Diploma (Level 3). This course will provide you with additional in-depth training towards your career that differs from the first year of the programme.
You will learn
- Professional working responsibilities
- Plant and soil science
- Work experience in the land-based sectors
- Identification, planting and care of trees
- Tree and shrub pruning and maintenance
- Tree felling activities
- Machinery operations
- Aerial arboriculture skills
- Trees in urban environments
- Woodland project
- At least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) including a science-related subject
- An overall Distinction in an Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) and Forestry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to higher education or obtain employment within the industry in a broad range of job roles to include, woodland management, an arborist, a tree officer or tree surgeon.