Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 1 year full-time
Available at: Enfield
This course will provide you with the required foundation needed for a career in the outdoor adventure and leisure industry.It combines knowledge with practical application, developing your personal activity skills, activity management and leadership attributes.
- learn about personal physical fitness
- gain an understanding of the human anatomy
- take part in and lead water and landbased outdoor adventure activities
- learn how to organise and manage expeditions (carried out during residential field trips)
- complete around 150 hours of industrybased work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least two GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) or equivalent
- successful completion of a Level 1 diploma will be taken into consideration on application
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- an interest and experience in outdoor activities
- a good level of physical fitness
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- an Outdoor Adventure Advanced Diploma (Level 3), Countryside Management Advanced Diploma (Level 3) or an Arboriculture and Forestry Advanced Diploma (Level 3)
- employment in the outdoor activities industry.
Last updated: 26 July 2019