Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 3 days per week over one year OR 1 day per week over one year for the Certificate
Available at: Enfield
This course has been written in partnership with employers from the landscape industry who are looking for highly skilled employees with a good range of technical up-to-date landscaping skills as well as the ability to think about the commercial factors of a business. The course will also suit a person who is running their own successful grounds maintenance business and is now looking to develop and grow their business offer to customers of landscaping features. The programme is supported by BALI (British Association of Landscape Industries).
- construction of paved surfaces
- the use of brick work in the landscape
- constructing landscape timber features
- surveying and scale drawings
- landscape construction machinery
- understanding landscape construction materials
- business practice and project management
- water management, SUDS, drainage and ground work
- turf – natural and artificial
- the use of plants in landscaping
- design and construction of living walls
- understand and construct garden water features
- show garden build
- health and safety underpins many of the above topics
This course includes 150 hours of vocational industry experience (full-time study). Part-time students if working in the industry will be able to count this as Industry experience and will be asked to complete one week with a different employer to enrich their learning experience.
You will be assessed through both written and practical projects.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least five GCSEs at grade 4 and above (C and above) including English, Maths and a Science related subject
- demonstrable landscaping skills
- candidates aged 19+ who do not have the above qualifications may apply if they have other comparable qualifications or experience.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- one of our Foundation Degrees in Garden Design and Plantsmanship or Urban Green Space Management (Horticulture)
- employment in team leadership roles in the landscape industry or running your own business.
Last updated: 17 Sept 2019