This course will enable you to gain confidence in gardening skills which could lead towards employment or voluntary work.
Successful completion of practical assessments will result in a City & Guilds Level 1 Award and is a perfect springboard for studying our Maintenance Gardener courses that start in September.
You will learn
- Health and safety practices
- Tool use and maintenance
- What cultivation means and how to do it
- Seasonal planting with annuals/biennials
- Maintenance of a planted area
- Seasonally relevant propagation
- Plant identification
You will need the following:
- Willingness to learn new skills and to undertake practical tasks
- Literacy skills for taking notes
Successful completion of this course will enable you to enhance your knowledge further by studying The Maintenance Gardener (Level 1), The Professional Gardener (Level 2), The Hard Landscaping Gardener (Level 2) or The Fruit and Vegetable Gardener (Level 2). You can also undertake voluntary work in gardens, parks and community gardens, or gain employment in garden centres, landscaper companies, or start your own business.