This course combines theory with hands-on practical hard landscaping experience to give you a solid foundation in this field.
During the course you will also gain an insight into starting or running a business in horticulture.
You will learn
- Construction of paved areas
- The building of garden walls and pillars
- How to carry out and draw up a site survey
- Garden structures
- How to use optical levelling equipment
- Customer service and quoting
- How to construct and maintain garden boundaries
- The use of a range of tools and landscaping materials
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. You do not need previous experience, just a willingness to learn. You will need to undertake some independent study. You may be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions.
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week:
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our Advanced Technical Certificate or Diploma in Horticulture (Level 3), or an RHS Level 2 Certificate or Diploma. Alternatively, you can enter employment in the landscaping and gardening industry, or voluntary work in gardens, parks, charities and community gardens.