Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Starts: Autumn and Summer
Duration: 11 weeks (1 evening per week), part-time
Available at: Enfield
A short introductory course to help you develop your skills and abilities in a range of drawing and graphics techniques (2D and 3D) for the purpose of garden design.
- complete drawing exercises in the studio and within the College grounds and gardens
- create a small portfolio of work
- become familiar with standard landscape symbols and diagrams using specialist drawing equipment.
- passion for and a genuine interest in all things garden design, combined with a willingness to learn, are the focal entry requirements for all of the introductory courses
- no formal qualifications are necessary but any relevant prior learning will be beneficial
- you will also be required to complete work for assignments set outside your part-time attendance at the College
- you may be required to attend an interview, and references may be called for in certain instances prior to being formally offered a place on the course
- confidence in the use of computers, internet and standard office software is essential
After successfully completing these courses, you may be able to progress to the Garden Design Certificate (Level 2) or one of the RHS Level 2 certificates. These Level 1 introductory courses may be useful for students coming from other RHS Level 2 courses to improve their basic knowledge in garden design fundamentals with a view to progressing to garden design courses at Level 3.
Last updated 18 Sept 2019