This course will develop your knowledge, understanding and skills in site analysis and design principles, along with your range of technical and graphical drawing skills to a professional standard.
You will focus on site surveying and associated techniques, as well as learning how to better understand the use of hard landscaping materials in garden construction.
You will learn
- Garden design principles
- Site survey and analysis
- Technical design and graphic drawing skills
- Presentation and construction drawing skills
- Section, elevation and axonometric drawingMore about hard landscape features and materials
- Structural planting designthe relevance of modern garden designers
- The professional practice demands as a garden designer
Certificate in Principles and Practice of Garden Design – Gateway Qualifications Limited
Garden Design Certificate (Level 2) preferred
RHS Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture and a Level 1 Pass in an introductory garden design course
Gardening and Commercial Landscaping Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent and a Level 1 Pass in an introductory garden design course
All applications are dependent upon tutor recommendations
You may be required to attend an interview and references may be needed
Successful completion of this course will enable you to begin to set up in professional practice as a garden designer, progress to another Level 3 garden design course.