This course will develop your knowledge, understanding and skills in site analysis and design principles, along with your range of technical and graphical drawing skills to a professional standard.
You will focus on site surveying and associated techniques, as well as learning how to better understand the use of hard landscaping materials in garden construction.
You will learn
- Garden design principles
- Site survey and analysis
- Technical design and graphic drawing skills
- Presentation and construction drawings
- Section, elevation and axonometric drawings
- Hard landscape features and materials
- Structural planting design
- Modern garden designers
- The professional practice demands as a garden designer
- Garden Design Certificate (Level 2) preferred
- RHS Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture and a Level 1 Pass in an introductory garden design course
- Gardening and Commercial Landscaping Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent and a Level 1 Pass in an introductory garden design course
- All applications are dependent upon tutor recommendations
- You may be required to attend an interview and references may be needed
Successful completion of this course will enable you to begin to set up in professional practice as a garden designer, progress to another Level 3 garden design course.