This course will improve the extent of your planting knowledge and understanding, and you will learn how to create aesthetically pleasing and sustainable planting schemes and designs.
Over the duration of your studies with us you will be able to present professionally to clients in relation to the work and schemes you have created. You will also have the opportunity to take part in workshops, tutorials and studio sessions to have developed all-round professional skills.
You will learn
- Planting form, shape and texture
- Plant selection (including for design and planting plans)
- Drawing elevations
- Planting colour theory and practice
- Plant history and influences on garden design
- Plant choice and selection
- Planting with sustainable credentials and biodiversity
- Professional practice operations
- Garden Design Certificate (Level 2) preferred
- RHS Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture and a Level 1 Pass in an introductory garden design course
- Gardening and Commercial Landscaping Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent and a Level 1 Pass in an introductory garden design course
- All applications are dependent upon tutor recommendations
- You may be required to attend an interview and references may be needed
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week:
- 15 September start: Thursdays
Regent’s Park Campus
- 5 January start: Thursdays
- 6 January start: Fridays
Successful completion of this course will enable you to begin to set up in professional practice as a garden designer, progress to another Level 3 garden design course.