This course will focus on drawing and design and you will study three specialist units.
You will participate in workshops, lectures, tutorials, studio sessions and weekly interactive garden walks. You will be expected to complete a range of assignments within set timeframes outside the weekly classes.
You will learn
- Practical horticulture in relation to garden design
- Plant knowledge for garden design
- Plant use and selection for garden design
You will need at least one of the following:
- Minimum 2 GCSEs at grade 5 and above (A* to C)
- Level 1 pass from one of the introductory courses
- Relevant prior learning or practical experience gained in a professional environment
- A keen passion for and interest in garden design, landscapes and horticulture
- Confidence in the use of computers, internet and standard office software
- You may be required to attend an interview and references may be needed
Upon successful completion of this course you may be able to progress to our Certificate in Plants and Planting for Garden Design (Level 3), Certificate in the Principles and Practice of Garden Design (Level 3), a Kew Diploma, Botanical Garden Traineeship, or an RHS Diploma (Level 3). You can also enter employment in the garden design industry.