This course has been designed as an introduction to modern dog grooming. The techniques you learn will allow you to start or build a career in dog grooming.
On both the full and part-time courses you will gain the skills required to work in the dog grooming industry. You will also undertake work experience if studying this course full-time.
You will learn
- Bathing and biosecurity
- Basic scissor and clipping skills
- Handling and restraint methods
- Customer care skills
- Dog health and welfare (full-time course)
- Dog behaviour (full-time course)
- How to groom different dog breeds and coat types
- At least four GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above)
- Overall Distinction in a Level 1 qualification or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our Dog Grooming Diploma (Level 3) or employment as a dog grooming assistant/kennel worker.