This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into the dog grooming industry and take a look at the basics.
This taster day course, available to those aged 19 and over, will consist of a theory element covering the key aspects of coat management, followed by a practical session where you will be able to have a go at bathing, drying and prepping a dog for grooming. Please note, this course is only available for those aged 18 or over.
You will learn
- How to recognise the different coat types of dogs
- How to use basic equipment to maintain different coat types
- The steps required for bathing and drying a dog
- The practical techniques needed to bath and dry a dog
- How to complete the prep work on a dog prior to grooming
Although there is no formal qualification associated with this course, all participants will receive a Capel Manor College Certificate of Attendance upon completion of the course.
This is a beginner’s course for those aged 19+, no entry requirements or previous experience is required.
Successful completion of this one-day course will enable you to progress and enrol on to our Dog Grooming Assistant Certificate (Level 2).