This introductory course will give you the basic knowledge required when caring for animals and the opportunity to gain practical skills.
This course is ideal if you have an enthusiasm for animals, enjoy working outdoors and are excited about learning through practical demonstrations and hands-on workshops.
You will learn
- How to look after animals through practical experience
- The correct ways to work with and handle animals safely
- Animal health and learn how to spot signs of ill health
- The conservation of wild animals
- You will also complete a work experience placement
You will need the following:
• At least two GCSEs at grade 2 and above (E and above)
• Maths and English GCSE or Functional Skills at grade E3 or above
Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to an Animal Care Diploma (Level 2), Agriculture Diploma (Level 2), or our Dog Grooming Assistant Certificate (Level 2).