This introductory course will give you the basic knowledge required when caring for animals and the opportunity to gain practical skills.
This course is ideal if you enjoy working outdoors and are excited about learning through practical demonstrations and hands-on workshops.
You will learn
- How to look after animals through practical experience
- The correct ways to work with and handle animals safely
- Animal health and learn how to spot signs of ill health
- The conservation of wild animals
- You will also complete a work experience placement
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least two GCSEs at grade 2 and above (E and above) including Maths, English and/or Science or Maths and English Functional Skills E3
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working with animals
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to an Animal Care Diploma (Level 2), Agriculture Diploma (Level 2), or our Dog Grooming Assistant Certificate (Level 2).