Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 1 year full-time
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
This practical and hands-on course will give you the knowledge and understanding required for a career in arboriculture or forestry. Topics include: chainsaw maintenance, tree felling, tree identification, tree climbing and machinery use. You will also complete around 150 hours of industry-based work experience.
This qualification will be particularly useful if you want to be employed as a practical worker within the arboriculture industry.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least three GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) or equivalent
- successful completion of a Level 1 diploma will be taken into consideration on application
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- a real interest in the chosen subject
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to a Tree Management Arboriculture Advanced Diploma (Level 3), the Arborist Apprenticeship or employment in the arboriculture or forestry industries.