Starts: Various dates throughout the year
Duration: 24 months
Available at: Enfield
This apprenticeship will give you an opportunity to gain confidence, learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the industry.
You will cover:
- the principles and science of tree and shrub growth
- knowledge of tree planting, support, protection and aftercare
- tree identification
- the understanding of legislation (wildlife and protected trees) affecting tree work and more
- practical tests will include but are not limited to chainsaw maintenance and knot tying.
During your apprenticeship you will produce a collection of evidence and keep a journal to illustrate what skills and knowledge you have learnt and applied in the workplace. At the conclusion of your training, you will complete a final end-point assessment.
Certificates of Competence
You will gain eleven industry-recognised professional qualifications.
You will need to:
- be at least 16 on entry
- have proven abilities in English and Maths which are equivalent to GCSE grade 2 and above (E and above)
- be employed within the horticulture industry, working on average at least 30 hours per week under a contract of employment.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to one of our Level 3 courses or continued employment in the industry.
Last updated: 13 Oct 2018