Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 1 year full-time
Available at: Brooks Farm, Crystal Palace, Enfield, Gunnersbury Park
If you have any questions about this course, please call us on 0303 003 1234 or email Anna Chaile.
This introductory course will give you the basic knowledge required when caring for animals and the opportunity to gain practical skills.
- develop practical experience looking after animals: feeding, handling, health checking and maintaining their accommodation
- learn how to work with and handle animals safely
- learn how to keep animals healthy and spot signs of ill health
- study the conservation of wild animals and the variety of ways we work with animals in society
- complete a work experience placement.
The course is ideal if you enjoy working outdoors and are excited about learning through practical demonstrations and hands-on workshops. The support and guidance received on this course will help build your confidence and enable progression to the next level.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least two GCSEs or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- enthusiasm for working with animals
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to an Animal Care Diploma (Level 2), Agriculture Diploma (Level 2), or our Level 2 Dog Grooming Assistant Certificate.
Last updated: 17 Oct 2018