This course is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to access a degree in veterinary medicine or veterinary science, animal management or any other animal-related subject such as zoology or animal behaviour.
Moreover, it will enable you to refresh your literacy, numeracy, computer and science skills to succeed in your chosen land-based degree at university level.
You will learn
- Chemistry and biology
- Practical laboratory skills in chemistry and biochemistry
- Scientific research skills and academic writing
- Practical animal skills including health checks, management plans and dispensing medication
- Veterinary law
You will need the following:
- GCSEs at grade 4 (C or above) in English, Maths and Science
- Ideally, you will have relevant experience gained in a professional working environment and related qualifications, although a desire and enthusiasm for life-long learning and ability to study independently are equally as important
You will need to be 19+ to be able to enrol on this course.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our animal management and zoology degree or another related higher education course subject to entry requirements. You will also be able to find employment in a range of animal management and science careers.