Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
|Interview Required||Start Date||End Date||Day||Start Time||End Time||Duration||Exam Fee||Materials Fee||19+ Tuition Fee||24+ Tuition Fee|
|Yes||Sept||July||Mon - Fri||09:00||16:00||1 year||£155.00||£3,800.00|
Duration: 1 or 2 years full-time
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
If you have any questions about this course, please call us on 0303 003 1234 or email Nikolaos Karantanis .
Our Animal Management Level 3 courses can extend for up to two years of full-time study depending on which programme you follow. Each course has been designed to prepare you for a rewarding and professional career in the animal industry.
Whilst having a strong practical basis in animal husbandry, the courses also cover key theoretical elements of applied animal sciences.
- develop your understanding of animal breeding and genetics
- assess animal welfare and ethics
- gain an in-depth understanding of animal biology
- acquire practical animal husbandry skills
- assess and understand animal behaviour
- explore animal health and diseases
- complete related work experience in the animal sector
- undertake an investigative research project
- gain an understanding of zoological animal health and husbandry
- acquire practical skills in animal science
- gain an understanding of animal metabolism and advanced animal nutrition
- assess animal management in a retail environment
- gain knowledge and skills in farm livestock husbandry
- explore wildlife ecology and conservation management
- complete relevant work experience
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least five GCSEs at grade 5 and above (A* to C)
- overall Distinction in an Animal Care Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- our animal management and zoology degree or another related higher education course subject to entry requirements
- employment in a range of animal management and animal science careers.
Last updated: 26 Sept 2019