Duration: 1 year full-time (2 days at college per week)
Available at: Enfield
If you have any questions about this course, please call us on 0303 003 1234 or email Renata Brzyska.
This course is designed to give you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to study for a degree in veterinary medicine or veterinary science, animal management or any animal related science such as zoology or animal behaviour.
You will develop:
- your understanding and knowledge of chemistry and biology
- practical laboratory skills in chemistry and biochemistry
- scientific research skills and academic writing
- your practical animal skills including health checks, management plans and dispensing medication
- your understanding of veterinary law.
It will also enable you to refresh your literacy, numeracy, computer and science knowledge and skills, providing you with the necessary research skills and subjectspecific grounding to succeed in your chosen land-based degree at university.
We recommend that applicants have a GCSE grade 4 (C or above) in English Language, Maths and Science. Ideally you will have relevant experience gained in a professional working environment and related qualifications, although a desire and enthusiasm for life-long learning and ability to study independently are equally as important.
References are also considered.
Successful completion of this course may enable you to progress to:
- university to study veterinary medicine, veterinary science or veterinary nursing • our animal management and zoology degree or another related higher education course including animal biology and animal science
- employment in a range of animal management and science careers.
For more information about Access to Higher Education Diplomas go to www.accesstohe.ac.uk.
You can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan to help you with the costs of a course if you are aged 19 and over. Further information is available on www.gov.uk. Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learning Loans you owe for an Access to HE course if you complete a higher education course, so you don’t have to pay back the loan (the course must be eligible for student finance). For more information about Access to Higher Education Diplomas go to www.accesstohe.ac.uk.
Last updated: 20 Oct 2018