Integrated NPTC Assessment
(Previous known as CS40)
Prerequisite: Chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting CS30, Tree felling & processing (CS31), Basic tree climbing and perform aerial rescue (CS38) and Aerial cutting of trees (CS39).
Arboricultural Pruning Operations requires you to climb trees and use the relevant ropes and harness, along with a chainsaw, in order to carry out pruning operations. It is therefore essential when combining these activities that you have all round total confidence and expertise in what you are doing, so to avoid any accidents.
The course and its integrated NPTC assessment will be carried onto 3 consecutive days.
Candidates are taught in both a workshop and woodland environment
Subjects covered include
- Carrying out arboricultural pruning operations off ground in trees
- Carrying out reductions, crown-lifting, re-pollarding, thinning and crown cleaning
- Carry out a tree hazard evaluation and perform a ‘working at height’ assessment
- Access to the tree will be by recognised appropriate
- Selection of suitable pruning tools relevant to the work to be carried out.
- Health & Safety guidelines
All candidates must bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE)
All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students)
All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor Student