Independent NPTC Assessment
Previously known as CS30/31
Course fee £997 (Capel Manor College students £774)
Courses can run at other sites (Crystal Palace) when in demand. Please contact us to discuss arrangements
This course is for people who work or wish to work in the arboriculture or forestry profession.
The course lasts for 5 days followed by 1 day independent NPTC assessment (see timetable below).
Candidates are taught in both a workshop and woodland environment
Prior knowledge of working with a chainsaw is desirable but not essential to attend this combined course.
Subject covered includes
- Carry out maintenance (both preventative and corrective) of a chainsaw and cutting syste
- Carry out operational chainsaw checked
- Knowledge of health & Safety legislation and industry good practice
- Cross cut timber using a chainsaw
- A range of felling techniques for trees up to 380 mm
- Remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- Take down hung up trees
- Cross cutting of felled trees
All candidates must bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE)
All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students)
All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor student
Click here to download our Professional Short Courses Application Form (please complete and return all pages)
Last updated: 15/07/2018