Duration: part-time, 1 day per week over 1 year
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield, Gunnersbury Park and Regent’s Park
Duration: part-time, 1 day a week from January to July
Available at: Enfield and Regent’s Park
This course will give you an introduction into the gardening industry, providing you with horticultural knowledge and the opportunity to gain practical gardening skills to boost your confidence when considering employment, further study or voluntary work.
- establishing and maintaining gardens and borders
- establishing and maintaining trees, shrubs and flowers
- care and maintenance of gardens in all seasons
- sowing vegetables and flowers from seed
- using a range of tools, equipment and machinery
- health and safety practices
- plant identification
- practical work in the College and other gardens.
There are no formal entry requirements for The Maintenance Gardener (Level 1) course. You do not need previous experience, just a willingness to learn. You may be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions.
Successful completion of this course will:
- enable you to progress to our courses at the next level: The Professional Gardener, The Hard Landscaping Gardener, The Fruit and Vegetable Gardener
- prepare you for voluntary work in: gardens, parks, charities, community gardens
- help you gain entry-level employment in the gardening and landscaping industry.
Last updated: 18 Sept 2019