Develop your organic vineyard management skills with our one-week winter pruning course. Whether you are a complete novice or a seasoned vineyard owner, this course is tailored to equip you with essential skills for a thriving harvest.
Our expert tutors will help you understand the pivotal role of winter pruning in an organic vineyard environment and delve into the intricate anatomy and physiology of grapevines.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with a customised, winter pruning plan crafted specifically for your organic vineyard to help you care for a bountiful and high-quality harvest.
You will learn
- The importance of winter pruning in an organic vineyard environment
- The principles of vine anatomy and physiology relevant to pruning
- A range of pruning techniques for different grape varieties
- Common vine diseases and pests during the pruning process
- Sustainable and organic practices to promote vineyard health
- Hands-on experience in the vineyard, applying learned techniques
There is no formal qualification associated with this course.
No entry requirements, however a keen interest in viticulture is essential.
You can progress to one of our other courses in viticulture and oenology.