This course provides you with a comprehensive range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge to advance your career in the horticulture industry, whether in a team leadership role, running your own business or furthering your horticultural education and training to higher levels.
This course includes 150 hours of vocational work experience and is assessed through both written and practical projects, and by examination.
You will learn
- The maintenance of turf in parks and gardens
- Land-based industry machinery operation
- The maintenance of ornamental plants
- The principles of plant health and protection
- Identification, selection and planting of plants
- Plant and soil science
- The principles of garden design
- Customer care and retail merchandising
- How to conduct protected and outdoor production or hard landscaping
You will need at least one of the following:
- An overall Merit in Technical Horticulture and Professional Landscaping (Level 2)
- At least five GCSEs at grades 4 and above (C and above) including English, Maths and a Science related subject
- Candidates aged 19+ who do not have the above qualifications may apply if they have other comparable qualifications or experience
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to the Kew Traineeship, an RHS Level 3 Diploma in horticultural practice, or employment in team leadership roles in the horticulture industry.