Forty Hall Farm, run and managed by Capel Manor College, is also home to Forty Hall Vineyard, London’s only commercial vineyard. Volunteers are essential to the success of the vineyard in all facets of operation, administration and growth.
As a volunteer, you will gain valuable experience by helping to sow seeds, gather fruit, and contribute to the upkeep of the picturesque vineyard. You will also help to maintain the vineyard’s stall?at the Forty Hall Farm Farmers’ Market, as well as participate in the increasingly popular corporate team challenge days.
With the invaluable support of volunteers, staff at the vineyard ensure that the vines receive precise care and attention. This commitment secures the sustainability of Forty Hall Vineyard at Capel Manor College for the future. According to Forty Hall Vineyard, the distinctive character essence of its wine is testament to the contributions of the dedicated local community and volunteers.
You will learn
- A unique and fresh volunteering experience in an organic vineyard
- Connections with diverse individuals from various backgrounds
- Engagement in social activities that foster a sense of community
- Self-assurance while nurturing both physical and mental wellbeing
- Holistic benefits of volunteering
- Valuable new skills through specialised training, opening doors to new job prospects and personal development opportunities
There is no formal qualification associated with this course.
No entry requirements, however a keen interest in viticulture is essential.
You can progress to one of our other courses in viticulture and oenology.