This course will provide you with comprehensive knowledge of the retail floristry industry at an advanced level. Your studies will be enriched by practical industry experience, industry visits and personal creative exploration.
This course will require additional private study to successfully complete course assignments. You will create portfolios of evidence and complete written assignments and practical assessments.
It is compulsory for 16 to 18 year olds to complete an industry placement of at least 315 hours during the academic year as part your studies. You are encouraged to research employers relevant to your study choice and make contact with them directly.
You will learn
- Transferable traditional and contemporary skills and techniques
- Use a wide selection of materials and different mediums across a range of floral designs
- Further build your confidence as a florist
- The design process
- The operations of running a floristry business
- You will undertake work experience
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* – C)
- An overall Merit or above in a Floristry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Students aged 16-18 will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week.
- 16 to 18 year olds: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- 19+ year olds: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Successful completion of this course will help you gain employment in the industry as a senior florist or obtain a managerial position. You will also be able to progress to our Higher Diploma in Floristry (Level 4) which can lead to becoming a Master Florist or higher education.