Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 1 year full-time
Available at: Enfield
This course will provide you with the required foundation needed for a career in the agricultural industry, offering a unique opportunity to learn agricultural practices, working with livestock, wildlife, machinery and crops.
This course is perfect if you enjoy working outdoors and are excited about learning through practical demonstrations and hands-on workshops. You will study three topics (units) to complete this course.
- animal and plant husbandry
- animal and plant biology
- land based machinery operation
- tractor driving and use
*Topics may be subject to change.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 3 GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) including English and Maths or a pass at Level 1 Functional Skills
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate environment will be considered
- an interest and experience in outdoor activities
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions so that we can help you study. References are also considered. For further information, please call the Agriculture Course Manager on 0303 003 1234.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English and/or maths.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- the full Agriculture Diploma (Level 2)
- employment in the industry as a shepherd, farm technician, tractor driver and other assistant-level positions.
Last updated: 26 July 2019