This course will provide you with the required foundation skills and knowledge needed to progress into the agriculture industry.
While studying with us, you will gain first-hand farming experience working within our certified organic Forty Hall Farm, and Mudchute Farm, a commercial city farm. You will develop the practical skills and knowledge required for a career in the agricultural industry.
You will obtain real-world experience and learn hands-on skills that include, providing high welfare for livestock species, operating farm machinery and harvesting crops. While studying, you will also visit local arable farms for further insight into the industry.
You will learn
- Crop establishment
- Farm animal production
- Land-based machinery operations
- Work experience within the land-based sector
- Business studies
- Estate skills
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least three GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) including English and Maths or a Pass in Level 1 Functional Skills
- Relevant prior learning or experience
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will allow progression onto our Agriculture (Farm Management) Advanced Diploma (Level 3). You will also be able to gain entry into the industry as a farm hand, tractor driver and other assistant-level positions.