(Formerly CS40/41) – Experienced operator only
Pre requisite: Chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting CS30, Tree felling & processing (CS31), Basic tree climbing and perform aerial rescue (CS38) and Aerial cutting of trees (CS39).
Aerial tree pruning and rigging is delivered as a single combined programme for experienced arborists.
Subjects covered include:
- How the structure, condition and properties of the tree relates to safety and pruning techniques
- Use of a chainsaw and other pruning tools within the crown of a tree from a rope and harness
- Techniques for crown thinning
- Techniques for crown reduction
- Identification and inspection of the equipment to be used
- How the structure, condition and properties of the tree relates to safety and rigging techniques
- Use of a chainsaw and other pruning tools within the crown of a tree from a
rope and harness
- Deploying ground staff effectively
- Use of lowering ropes and other associated equipment to carry out lowering and sectional felling operations
All candidates must bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE)
All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students)
All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor Student
Non experienced users or can’t find a date suitable for you? Please contact us
Training will take place week commencing 14th January. Please contacts us for your booking requirements.