Duration: 25 weeks
Study days: Monday
Available at: Enfield
Tuition fee: £530
Exam fee: £59
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to be able to plan a range of events to include corporate, sports and leisure. As part of this course you will develop your own communication and organisational skills with participation in team work, and project planning for a range of advertising and promotion.
- learn the key elements required for event planning and co-ordination
- build an understanding of the human resource required to effectively run events
- examine market research and marketing methods that will boost event success and build a client base
- look at how to effectively price and market your services
- look at the importance of customer service, risk assessments and safety at events
- develop skills that will help you review and evaluate events.
In addition, you will learn how to use inspiration boards to present your events and ideas to your clients.
This course will require additional private study.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully:
- complete a final research project
- produce a portfolio of event planning evidence.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least two GCSEs at grade 3 and above (grade D and above)
- a Pass grade in our Certificate in Art and Design – Floristry, Balloon and Event Styling (Level 1)
- a willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- enthusiasm for working with flowers and other mixed media materials.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to gain employment in the event planning industry or progress onto one of our other courses. A Certificate in Floral Art and Design (Level 2) or one of our Level 2 balloon artistry courses will further expand your technical skills.
For further information about this course, please contact the course manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 15 Sept 2019