This one-year course is suitable for school leavers who wish to explore their creativity.
You will receive an introduction into the world of floristry and the opportunity to learn the basic practical skills required to start in the industry.
You will learn
- A range of floral, planted and balloon designs
- How to identify fresh flowers, foliage and plants
- How to prepare and care for cut flowers, foliage and plants
- How to develop skills to work safely in the industry
- How to design, produce and maintain
- Window displays
- How to develop employability skills
- How to create portfolios of evidence
- The complete practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- Sit one external theory-based exam
- Complete work experience
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least two GCSEs at grades 2 and above (E and above) or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- A willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- Enthusiasm for working with flowers
- Students aged 16 to 18 will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Gunnersbury Park Campus
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Crystal Palace Park Campus
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Successful completion of this course will help build your confidence and you could progress to a Floristry Certificate or Diploma (Level 2) or a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Floristry.