This apprenticeship will give you an opportunity to gain confidence, learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the industry.
During your apprenticeship you will produce a collection of evidence and keep a journal to illustrate what skills and knowledge you have learnt and applied in the workplace. At the conclusion of your training, you will complete a final end-point assessment. You will gain 11 industry-recognised professional qualifications.
You will learn
- The principles and science of tree and shrub growth
- Tree planting, support, protection and aftercare
- The understanding of legislation (wildlife and protected trees) affecting tree work and more
- Chainsaw maintenance and knot tying through practical tests
- Tree identification
You will need to:
- Be at least 16 on entry
- Have proven abilities in English and Maths which are equivalent to GCSE grade 3 and above (D and above)
- Be employed within the arboriculture industry, working on average at least 30 hours per week under a contract of employment
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to one of our Level 3 courses or continued employment in the industry.