Duration: 1 year full-time
Available at: Crystal Palace and Gunnersbury Park
This course will prepare you with the knowledge and understanding required for a career in conservation and/or agriculture. You will complete six topics that will cover key components for working with wildlife and livestock species.
This study option is perfect if you enjoy working outdoors and prefer a hands-on approach to learning. You will be assessed through practical assessments and some written assignments.
- work experience within the land-based sector
- business studies
- farm animal production
- land-based machinery operations
- British wildlife species, habitats and rehabilitation
- estates skills
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least three GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) or equivalent
- successful completion of a Level 1 diploma will be taken into consideration on application
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- a real interest in the chosen subject
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
Successful completion of this course will enable progression to the Farm Management Advanced Diploma (Level 3) or the Environmental Conservation Advanced Diploma (Level 3). You will also have the foundation skills, knowledge and experience to enter employment within the industry.
Last updated: 26 July 2019