Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 36 weeks
Study days: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Time: 16-18yrs. 9am-4pm 19 yrs. plus 9.30am-4pm
Available at: Crystal Palace Park, Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
Tuition fee: £1,660
Exam fee: £102
On this one-year course is suitable for school leavers who wish to explore their creativity. You will receive an introduction to the world of floristry and the opportunity to learn basic practical skills required to start in the industry. You will:
- make floristry, planted and balloon designs for a range of occasions
- identify fresh flowers, foliage and plants
- prepare and care for cut flowers, foliage and plants
- develop skills to work safely in the industry
- design, produce and maintain window displays
- develop employability skills.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully:
- create portfolios of evidence
- complete practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- sit one external theory based exam
- complete work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 2 GCSEs grade 2 to 3 (grade D-F) or equivalent.
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional
environment will be considered
- a willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- enthusiasm for working with flowers
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills
Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills
What next after your course?
Successful completion of this course will help build your confidence and you could progress to a Floristry Certificate or Diploma (Level 2) or an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Floristry (Level 2).
For further information about this course, please contact the course manager email@example.com
Last updated: 1 Aug 2019