This course will give you a solid foundation for a career in event planning.
It will also develop your knowledge and understanding of floristry designs, showing you how to apply these creative skills to the events you will be planning. As part of this course you will complete a final research project and produce a portfolio of event planning evidence. This course will require additional private study.
You will learn
- The key elements required for event planning and coordination
- How to effectively run events
- Market research and marketing methods to boost event success
- How to build a client base
- How to effectively price and market your services
- The importance of customer service, risk assessments and safety at events
- Skills to help you review and evaluate events
- At least two GCSEs at grade 3 and above (grade D and above)
- A Pass grade in our Certificate in Art and Design – Floristry, Balloon and Event Styling (Level 1)
- A willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- Enthusiasm for working with flowers and other mixed media materials
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week.
- 16 to 18 year olds: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- 19+ year olds: Thursday
Gunnersbury Park campus
- 16 to 18 year olds: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- 19+ year olds: Monday
Crystal Palace Park campus
- 16 to 18 year olds: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- 19+ year olds: Friday
- 16 to 18 year olds: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 19+ year olds: Wednesday
Successful completion of this course will enable you to gain employment in the event planning industry or progress onto one of our other courses. A Certificate in Floral Art and Design (Level 2) or one of our Level 2 balloon artistry courses will further expand your technical skills.