This course will provide you with an introduction to wildlife and environmental conservation, and the necessary knowledge of managing habitats, surveying plants and wildlife. This qualification is ideal if you want to be employed as a practical worker within the industry.
You will also complete around 150 hours of industry-based work experience.
You will learn
- How to organise countryside recreation and activities
- How to conduct guided walks
- How to build countryside structures
- How the countryside industry works
- The importance of habitats and ecology
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least three GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Level 1 Diploma will be taken into consideration on application
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- A real interest in the chosen subject
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course with suitable grades, will enable you to progress to our Environmental Conservation and Countryside Management Advanced Diploma (Level 3), Level 3 Apprenticeship in Environmental Conservation or employment at an assistant level.