This qualification is designed for those working in arboriculture and required to work at heights.
You will gain the knowledge and skill required for a City & Guilds (NPTC) independent assessment.
You will be taught in both a workshop and woodland environment. The course lasts for two consecutive days and is followed by a one-day independent NPTC assessment. Courses can run at one of our other campuses when in demand. Please contact us to discuss arrangements.
All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students). All chainsaw assessments require a £50 deposit for a Capel Manor College student or £350 for a non-student.
You will learn
- Legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to the use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness
- Safety considerations to be observed when organising a site
- Pre-start chainsaw checks
- How to haul chainsaws into the tree and attach them to the harness
- Secure working positions
- Use of various step and sink cuts along with final pruning cuts
- Safe and efficient practices when removing light and medium weight branches
- Understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a competent grounds person
- You must bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees (up to 380mm)
- Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue