We Are Open and COVID-Secure This September
We are delighted to have opened our doors to new and returning students this week to continue providing the best learning experience possible with plenty of practical, hands-on sessions.
Whilst COVID-19 has meant we have had to make some adjustments to the way we start the new academic year, it does not – and never will – alter who we are and what we offer students.
Our courses focus on excellent careers working with plants, animals, wildlife, the natural environment, food production, creative arts and crafts, all things green, and the great outdoors. We provide life-changing opportunities for young people and adults to start careers that can truly make a difference.
Six COVID-secure campuses across London
We know that for some people, this can be a complex and confusing time but the team here at Capel Manor College have maintained teaching and learning for much of the lockdown, so we know what works to keep our students and staff COVID-secure.
We continue to follow Government guidelines and we have easy-to-follow safety measures in place at all six of our campuses in Enfield, Brooks Farm, Crystal Palace Park, Gunnersbury, Regent’s Park and Mottingham. These include hand washing and sanitising, social-distancing, one-way systems, screens and information, plus:
- Students receive a welcome pack with some personal protective equipment, as well as guidance on travelling to and from college
- Classes (including class tutors) will remain in a bubble so they can study and teach safely with minimal close interaction with others
- Timetables include either “on-campus classroom, laboratory and workshop days”, “on-campus outdoor practical days” or “remote, home learning days”, so nobody will miss practical or theory learning
- Everyone will be required to stay two metres apart when they are outside, and they will be required to wear a face covering and remain one metre apart when they are inside
- Everyone will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly throughout the day, always after lessons and always before eating
- Classes (and other staff members) will have their own locations on campus to minimise movement and unnecessary interaction
- We have asked everyone not to smoke on campus and to remain on campus for the day in order to keep everyone a bit safer and maintain the bubble system
Above all, we are asking everyone to stay alert and be personally responsible for their own actions to protect themselves and each other.
We are still accepting applications for September
There has never been a better time to start a college course, and never a more important time start a career that supports the natural environment and climate change.
Take the first steps towards an exciting career in the environmental and land-based world by starting a course at Capel Manor College. You can still apply to join us this September, and we will absolutely help you reach your full potential.
If you need further information and advice, you can speak to our friendly Admissions team on 01992 707 029 or you can submit an enquiry via our contact form.
Alternatively, come and speak to us at one of our upcoming events.
Stay alert, stay safe and keep talking.