Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 2 days per week over one year OR 1 day per week over two years
Available at: Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
This course has been designed for you if you have discovered a passion for horticulture and are aiming to career change or develop your career in this vibrant, creative and diverse industry, with fewer full-time days at College to provide flexibility for those who are working in the industry or who have other responsibilities. It will provide you with a set of specialist horticultural skills and knowledge.
- the identification, selection and planting of plants
- land-based industry machinery operations
- principles of plant health and protection
- maintaining turf in parks and gardens
- plant and soil science
- industry focussed health and safety and work experience.
Assessment of this course is by written and practical project work and examinations.
You will need at least one of the following:
- an overall Distinction in Gardening and Commercial Landscaping (Level 2)
- an overall Pass in Technical Horticulture and Professional Landscaping (Level 2)
- at least four GCSEs at grades 4 and above (C and above) including English, Maths and a Science related subject
- candidates aged 19+ who do not have the above qualifications may apply if they have other comparable qualifications or experience.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- the Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Horticulture
- RHS Level 3 Diploma in Horticultural Practice
- a botanical gardens traineeship
- employment in the horticulture industry, such as becoming a landscaper, gardener, fresh produce or nursery technician, grounds maintenance operative, horticultural business assistant, or starting up your own business.
Last Updated: 13 October 2018