Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 1 year full-time
Available at: Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
This course provides you with a comprehensive range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge to advance your career in the horticulture industry, whether in a team leadership role, running your own business or furthering your horticultural education and training to higher levels.
- maintaining turf in parks and gardens
- land-based industry machinery operation
- maintaining ornamental plants
- principles of plant health and protection
- identification, selection and planting of plants
- plant and soil science
- principles of garden design
- customer care and retail merchandising
- as well as allowing specialist study of protected and outdoor production or hard landscaping.
This course includes 150 hours of vocational work experience and is assessed through both written and practical projects and by examination.
You will need at least one of the following:
- an overall Merit in Technical Horticulture and Professional Landscaping (Level 2)
- at least five GCSEs at grades 4 and above (C and above) including English, Maths and a Science related subject
- candidates aged 19+ who do not have the above qualifications may apply if they have other comparable qualifications or experience.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- the Kew Traineeship
- RHS Level 3 Diploma in Horticultural Practice
- employment in team leadership roles in the horticulture industry or running your own business.
Last updated: 17 Sept 2019