Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: part-time, 1 day per week over 1 year
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield, Gunnersbury Park and Regent’s Park
This course will give you the knowledge, skills and foundation required to work in the horticulture industry and if you already work in the industry it will consolidate your skills.
- planting container grown trees, shrubs and perennials
- identifying plants by botanical name
- cultivation and assessment of soil texture and condition
- identifying damage caused by pests and diseases
- care and maintenance of gardens in all seasons
- producing a basic garden design and planting plan
- maintaining lawns all year round
- construction and maintaining hard landscaping
- propagation techniques
- using a range of tools, machinery and equipment
- dealing with customers – providing advice and quotes.
During the course you will also gain an insight into starting or running a business in horticulture.
Last updated: 13 Oct 2018