Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Starts: Various each term (see website for further information)
Duration: 3-day course
Available at: Regent’s Park
Our botanical illustration courses are offered each term throughout the year. They allow students of all abilities the opportunity to improve their observational drawing techniques and advance their watercolour painting skills.
These courses require no formal entry qualifications or previous experience. A personal interest in drawing and garden design is essential. (If you are new to drawing and painting you may wish to attend a suitable preparatory course from those listed on our website.)
Our courses focus on a seasonal approach, utilising plants that are prominent in the garden at the appropriate time of year. You will learn the basic skills required to create beautifully accurate and detailed botanical drawings.
You will be advised how to:
- select appropriate seasonal botanical subject matter
- complete accurate line drawings of botanical structures
- determine appropriate drawing composition
- develop tonal sketching techniques
- understand techniques for creating shape and form
- use watercolour washes and colour mixes
- illustrate surface texture.
You will be exploring the following themes:
- vegetables and greens
- autumn leaves and foliage
- winter subjects
- spring flowers
- colourful blooms
- 16 – 18 September 2019: Greens and vegetables, drawing inspiration from the vegetable patch at Regent’s Park
- 14 – 16 October 2019: Autumn leaves (Suitable for beginners)
- 24 – 26 February 2020: Winter subjects (Suitable for beginners)
- 23 – 25 March 2020: Spring flowers – Students choice of subjects
- 11 – 13 May 2020: Painting colourful blooms and looking at colour
- 29 June – 1 July 2020: Roses of Regent’s Park
If you have any questions about this course, please email Andrew.Jackson@capel.ac.uk
Book and pay online using the form below. Please note: You don’t need a PayPal account to pay online.
For online payment enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org