Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
|Interview Required||Start Date||End Date||Day||Start Time||End Time||Exam Fee||Material Fee||Tuition Fee||24+ Tuition Fee|
|Yes||10/09/2018||05/07/2019||Monday and Tuesday (19+) Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (16-18)||09:30am||4pm||£121||£950||£3,890||N/A|
This Floristry Advanced Diploma will provide you with comprehensive knowledge of the retail floristry industry at an advanced level. You will explore transferable traditional and contemporary skills and techniques. Using a wide selection of materials and different mediums across a range of floral designs, you will further build your confidence as a florist and expert knowledge.
Your College studies will be enriched by practical industry experience and personal creative exploration. Further to advancing your practical skills and knowledge in floristry and planted designs you will also explore the design process in greater detail and gain an insight into the operations of running a floristry business.
Level 3 fees can be obtained and paid by an Advanced learning loan (subject to change)
All courses will require additional private study for completion of course assignments.
Your course experience maybe enhanced with educational industry visits.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully complete:
- portfolios of evidence
- written assignments
- practical assessments
- work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C)
- an overall Merit or above in a Floristry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional
environment will be considered
- 16-18 yrs. will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
What next after you finish your course?
Successful completion of this course will:
- help you gain employment in the industry as a senior florist or in a managerial position
- enable you to explore your personal development and industry knowledge on a Level 4 higher diploma floristry programme, which can lead to becoming a Master Florist or a full Bachelor’s Degree in Floristry.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact the course manager Michelle.Moore@capel.ac.uk
Page last updated: 6 Aug 2018