Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Course type: Full time
Course length: 34 weeks
Start date: 11 September 2017
End date: 6 July 2018
Study day: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Available at: Gunnersbury Park
Tuition fee: N/A
Exam fee: N/A
Material fee: N/A
24+ Exam fee: N/A
This Floristry Advanced Diploma is aimed at 16-18 year old learners and will provide you with comprehensive knowledge of the retail floristry industry at an advanced level. You will explore transferable traditional and contemporary skills and techniques. Using a wide selection of materials and different mediums across a range of floral designs, you will further build your confidence as a florist and expert knowledge.
Your College studies will be enriched by practical industry experience and personal creative exploration. Further to advancing your practical skills and knowledge in floristry and planted designs you will also explore the design process in greater detail and gain an insight into the operations of running a floristry business.
All courses will require additional private study for completion of course assignments.
Your course experience will be enhanced with educational industry visits.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully complete:
- Portfolios of evidence
- Written assignments
- Practical assessments
- 150 hours of work experience
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C
- Completion of the Floristry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent with a reference
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
Successful completion of this course will:
- Help you gain employment in the industry as a senior florist or in a managerial position
- Enable you to explore your personal development and industry knowledge on a Level 4 Floristry programme, which can lead to becoming a Master Florist or a full Bachelor’s Degree in Floristry
If you have any questions about this course, please contact the course manager email@example.com
Last updated: 9 Sept 2017