Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Course type: Part time
Course length: 32 weeks
Start date: 9 March 2018
End date: 31 January 2019
Study days: Monday
Available at: Gunnersbury Park
Tuition fee: £1,400 (advanced learning loan available)
Exam fee: £55
Material fee: N/A
24+ Exam fee: N/A
This advanced, floral Art and Design course, will further develop your practical ability to innovatively explore and design using traditional and non-traditional floral materials.
It will cultivate your knowledge and competence in the skills and techniques required for the next level of floral design; enhancing your ability to plan, prepare, construct and present complex designs.
This course will require additional private study to successfully complete course assignments.
To achieve this qualification you will successfully complete:
- Portfolios of evidence
- Written assignments
- Practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt.
L3 Floral Art and Design aims to:
- Extend learners’ art and design skills and use of techniques to an advanced level.
- Extend creativity with the use of art and design material.
- Use tools and equipment competently and safely.
To be awarded the L3 Certificate in Art and Design, Learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Materials, techniques and processes in Art and Design.
- Unit 02 Ideas and concepts in art and design.
- Unit 03 Execute, present and critically evaluate final art and design work
You will need at least one of the following:
- A Floral Design Certificate (Level 2) or equivalent
- A Floristry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- Any relevant prior learning/experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered.
You may be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions. You may also be invited to complete an initial assessment. References are considered.
What next after your course?
Successful completion of this course will help you gain employment in the industry as a floral designer, demonstrator or within the floral design competition circuit or continue your studies to level 2 Professional Diploma in Floristry or Contemporary (if available)
If you have any questions about this course, please contact the course manager email@example.com
Page last updated: 9 Sept 2017